WHY AM I HERE?
Often times when people get sick they blame themselves, and this added stress does not help one get better. An immediate question to a bad diagnosis is “What did I do to deserve this?” “Why me?” and “What did I do wrong?” Truth be told, you probably didn’t do anything wrong. You were just poisoned by something in the air, food or water. We all walk around contaminated with man-made chemicals. Most times our immune system handles it so we do not show any symptoms, other times we may be severely compromised; a minute exposure to an environmental toxin can show up as a chronic condition that cripples your health, for a month or for life.
Mother Nature didn’t make these chemicals, our species did it. Heavy metals are found in the ground. It was humans who decided to put them in our medicine, food and water. Our species and all the others are now overrun with environmental pollution. Get yourself tested. Know where you stand. Take the necessary steps, learn how to detox and rejuvenate, anyone can do it, anyone can lead a lifestyle free of pollution, learn from our community, and reclaim your happy healthy life, live it abundantly, and help others!
WHAT CERTIFICATIONS DOES THE LAB HAVE?
We are ISO 17025 certified. It is the single most important standard for calibration and testing laboratories around the world. Laboratories that are accredited to this international standard have demonstrated that they are technically competent and able to produce precise and accurate test and/or calibration data.
WHY IS ENVIRONMENTAL POLLUTION TESTING IMPORTANT?
Let’s just look at one environmental toxin: Glyphosate, the main ingredient in Monsanto’s Roundup®. Glyphosate is the world’s most used herbicide, with a thirty time increase in use over the past 25 years. Studies are revealing how damaging it is to human and animal health, and how terribly it has affected our ecosystem. Most every American has been exposed to this dangerous pesticide. Read the thousands of pages of clinical evidence for yourself. Sometimes you have to take matters into your own hands, take responsibility for your own health, and find out what you’ve been poisoned with before its too late. A great teacher once said, “It is better to live with reality, before reality comes and lives with you.” Assess, don’t guess.
WHEN SHOULD I GET TESTED FOR ENVIRONMENTAL POLLUTANTS?
Now! If you have been poisoned, wouldn’t you want to know? Environmental pollutants and heavy metals have been implicated in just about every modern dis-ease. Cancer, Alzheimer’s, heart disease, Parkinson’s, MS, depression, brain issues, obesity, sleep disorders, autism, autoimmune problems, endocrine and hormone diseases and other ailments.
If you are contaminated, a test will confirm it and reveal how much you have been exposed. The Personal Toxicity Profile tests for 150+ dangerous metals, chemicals, and their metabolites. The proper detoxification protocol can be followed to remediate the problem.
WHAT IS IN THE KIT?
Your test kit will be for either hair, blood, liquid, and/or urine. The kit includes everything you need to collect a sample. Each kit comes with clear, easy to follow instructions and a pre-stamped envelope. Follow the instructions and send it back and then expect your results in 2-4 weeks.
HOW DO I DO THE BLOOD TEST?
The blood test kit comes with a finger lancet which draws a drop of blood from your finger with a pin prick. Deposit the blood on the special paper included. This is called a blood spot. Its painless.
ARE PESTICIDES AND TOXINS TESTED ON FOOD?
Nope. So sorry. In the food industry pesticide and chemical residues are rarely tested for in final food products by any regulating body, third party or manufacturer globally. Raw materials such as soybeans and corn are hardly ever tested for Glyphosate, with which they are heavily contaminated. Furthermore, Glyphosate is used as a preservative on many crops after harvest without any concern for safety. The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) cites budgetary limitations as an excuse for their lack of testing.
CAN I TEST MY TAP WATER OR FAVORITE BEVERAGE?
Yes. All liquids, including breast milk, could be contaminated by dangerous man-made chemicals and be a hidden source of toxicity. Necessary filters can be installed in the case of tap water issues. If you live near agricultural areas and/or your water source is a surface reservoir, it is a good idea to find out if your water is poisoned.
WHAT IF MY TEST COMES BACK POSITIVE FOR ENVIRONMENTAL TOXINS?
Researcher’s believe 93% of Americans are contaminated by one or more toxic environmental chemicals. The question is how bad is it? If you are severely exposed, (above 1 ppm in your urine or blood) and you have chronic health concerns, you can do a detox protocol to remove the toxins and then it is possible to become free of this health destroying toxic buildup in your body. If your breast milk is contaminated with toxic man-made chemicals wouldn’t you want to know to protect your child?
HOW ACCURATE WILL MY TEST BE?
DetoxLab tests will give you an accurate report on the levels of environmental toxins in urine, blood, hair, saliva and/or any liquid in parts per billion (PPB).
Our minimum limit of detection is 0.5 parts per billion (PPB). Denser fluids like blood and breast milk have a minimum detection limit of 25 parts per billion (PPB). This detection accuracy is crucial in determining exposure.
HOW IS THE TOXICOLOGY SCREENING UNIQUE?
No other toxicology profile tests this many man-made toxic chemicals in one kit. Furthermore, this is the only such test available directly to the consumer. Whether this test was recommended for you by your physician and/or health practitioner, or you found it yourself, it is invaluable in determining the true condition of your health.
ARE MY RESULTS CONFIDENTIAL?
Your results are yours and will not be shared with anyone other than yourself without your consent.
ARE THERE SAFE LEVELS OF GLYPHOSATE?
So Sorry. The so-called safe levels of Glyphosate, set at 0.3 mg per kg of bodyweight per day on average, have never been tested directly to know if they truly are safe. “Safe” levels are extrapolated from higher doses tested in “official” industry studies on rats that did not exceed one month of study. It is known that low doses corresponding to human exposures can be more toxic than higher doses, especially for endocrine disruptors.1 Private studies in rats confirm that the complete glyphosate herbicide formulations are toxic at levels deemed safe by regulators for the isolated ingredient glyphosate.4 5 6 Other feeding studies in pigs7 and rats8 directly comparing the toxicity of formulations with glyphosate alone found that the formulations were far more toxic. Safe levels of these chemicals cannot be extrapolated from effects at higher doses. Findings that glyphosate and its commercial formulations may be hormone disruptors2 3 imply that the standard industry long-term animal studies are inadequate. Other studies show the effects include oxidative stress on liver and kidneys9. Furthermore, Glyphosate has never been tested during fetal or early childhood development at the current environmental levels of exposure. These current Allowable Daily Allowance values should be challenged as research clearly shows that the Glyphosate exposure, in any amount, may not be safe in the short or long term.
1. Vandenberg LN, Colborn T, Hayes TB, et al. Hormones and endocrine-disrupting chemicals: Low-dose effects and nonmonotonic dose responses. Endocr Rev. 2012;33(3):378-455. doi:10.1210/er.2011-1050.
2. Thongprakaisang S, Thiantanawat A, Rangkadilok N, Suriyo T, Satayavivad J. Glyphosate induces human breast cancer cells growth via estrogen receptors. Food Chem Toxicol. 2013;59:129-136. doi:10.1016/j.fct.2013.05.057.
3. Séralini G-E, Clair E, Mesnage R, et al. Republished study: long-term toxicity of a Roundup herbicide and a Roundup-tolerant genetically modified maize. Environ Sci Eur. 2014;26(14). doi:10.1186/s12302-014-0014-5.
4. Antoniou M, Habib MEM, Howard CV, et al. Teratogenic effects of glyphosate-based herbicides: Divergence of regulatory decisions from scientific evidence. J Env Anal Toxicol. 2012;S4:006. doi:10.4172/2161-0525.S4-006.
5. Romano RM, Romano MA, Bernardi MM, Furtado PV, Oliveira CA. Prepubertal exposure to commercial formulation of the herbicide Glyphosate alters testosterone levels and testicular morphology. Arch Toxicol. 2010;84:309-317.
6. Benedetti AL, Vituri C de L, Trentin AG, Domingues MA, Alvarez-Silva M. The effects of sub-chronic exposure of Wistar rats to the herbicide Glyphosate-Biocarb. Toxicol Lett. 2004;153:227-232. doi:10.1016/j.toxlet.2004.04.008.
7. Lee H-L, Kan C-D, Tsai C-L, Liou M-J, Guo H-R. Comparative effects of the formulation of glyphosate-surfactant herbicides on hemodynamics in swine. Clin Toxicol Phila Pa. 2009;47(7):651-658. doi:10.1080/15563650903158862.
8. Adam A, Marzuki A, Abdul Rahman H, Abdul Aziz M. The oral and intratracheal toxicities of ROUNDUP and its components to rats. Vet Hum Toxicol. 1997;39(3):147-151.
9. Larsen K, Najle R, Lifschitz A, Virkel G. Effects of sub-lethal exposure of rats to the herbicide glyphosate in drinking water: glutathione transferase enzyme activities, levels of reduced glutathione and lipid peroxidation in liver, kidneys and small intestine. Environ Toxicol Pharmacol. 2012;34(3):811-818. doi:10.1016/j.etap.2012.09.005.